Over the years, HBI-DC has served the following communities:
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Burmese, Cambodian, Cameroon, Chinese, Egyptian, Ethiopian, Filipino, Ghanaian, Hmong, Indian, Indonesian, Korean, Laotian, Mongolian, Moroccan, Nepalese, Nigerian, Pakistani, Saudi Arabian, Sierra Leone, Somalian, Sudan, Syrian, Taiwanese, Thai, and Vietnamese
In 2017, we were able to accomplish the following:
- 5,140 individuals who may be at-risk for liver diseases were provided in-person education.
- 2,688 Hepatitis B screenings were provided to at risk individuals.
- 2,692 Hepatitis C screenings were provided to at-risk individuals.
- 121 individuals infected with HBV (4.5%) were identified and linked to care services.
- 97 individuals infected with HCV (3.6%) were identified and linked to care services.
- This includes 51 patients (53%) with a high viral load. 93 patients were successfully screened for HIV.
- 55 Screening Events were attended by HBI-DC in 2017 for events that spanned across DC, MD, and VA.